The Senior Manager of Individual Giving is a key position within the Center’s Development Department, primarily responsible for the management of the Center Circles mid-level donor program as well as a small but important planned giving portfolio. Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, and working closely with the Associate Vice President of Development, this position is a frequent collaborater with the Development Department’s 20-person staff and other Center administrative departments. The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong organizational and interpersonal skills and a sense of humor. Experience with the performing arts is a plus.
- Responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual giving donors to support the Center’s acclaimed artistic programming and innovative education programs
- Manage a portfolio of 100-200 Center Circles members ($2,500-$24,999) and a portfolio of 15-25 planned giving prospects/donors
- With guidance from the Director, Major Gifts, develop an annual comprehensive strategic plan for the Center Circles membership program
- Directly supervise the Assistant Manager of Individual Giving
- Steward and build ongoing relationships with current donors and new prospects through meetings, phone calls and entertaining
- Participate in structured sessions with colleagues to coordinate prospect identification activities and moves management
- Attend Center events and performances as needed
- Collaborate with the Special Events team to plan and manage events for current donors and prospects such as backstage tours, cast parties, dinners and receptions
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to create brochures, pamphlets and other collateral materials to promote the Circles program
- Review donor trends and prepare reports to determine effective acquisition and stewardship strategies
- Provide thoughtful, consistent and appropriate stewardship including benefit fulfillment for all Circles donors
- Prepare and maintain Circles financial statements and budgets
- Monitor and enter all activity and contacts in Tessatura tracking system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with the Assistant Manager of Individual Giving to review donor upgrade opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned to best support the organization’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four+ years of fundraising experience, preferably in the area of individual giving
- Demonstrated success in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors
- Familiarity with planned giving vehicles and endowments is a plus
- Strong computer and database management skills. Familiarity with the Tessitura database will be a plus
- Superior oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with a broad base of leaders, and in the training, managing and motivating of key volunteers
- Personable, positive and diplomatic individual with integrity and a sense of humor, who works effectively with donors, volunteers and internal staff
- Strong initiative, self-confidence, creativity, and entrepreneurial skills, who enjoys working as a team player but also has the capability to work independently and as a self-starter
- Well-organized, able to plan and manage strategically yet have sufficient focus on details to assure effective implementation and follow through
- Genuine interest in the arts who understands and supports the Center’s mission with a natural ability to articulate this mission to others
- An innate ability to inspire those working with him/her toward accomplishing common objectives and goals
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Typical hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm with periodic evenings and weekends required.
How to apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To learn more about Segerstrom Center for the Arts go to: www.scfta.org