To apply for this position via email: please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31 2020
POSITION TITLE: Special Events & Campaign Manager
HOURS: Full-Time 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt – Salaried
Location: Irvine, CA
REPORTING TO: Director of Development and Community Outreach
The Council on Aging–Southern California is a local, 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, with a mission to promote the independence, health and dignity of older and dependent adults through compassion, education and advocacy. Since 1973, we have been trusted source for unbiased information, programs, and services that empower and protect seniors as they navigate the aging experience.
The Special Events & Campaign Manager is responsible for enhancing and supporting the fundraising operations and donor development for the Council on Aging - Southern California (COASC).
The Special Events & Campaign Manager will work to accomplish the key fundraising activities of COASC including growing gifts from individuals, corporate donors and sponsorships, acknowledging and recognizing donors, and overseeing the successful execution of fundraising events such as An Evening of Comedy Gala; Aging as Art; Preserving Dignity Giving Day etc.
JOB FUNCTIONS (Include but not limited to):
- Oversee special events coordination, including leading event logistics, sponsors & participant recruitment.
- Collaborate with the marketing staff to implement successful team fundraising and recruitment weeks and maximize these efforts through print, social media and the website.
- Manage assigned projects within budget guidelines as directed to include: managing vendor quotes, accounts payable & receivable, etc.
- Prepare donor proposals and sponsor wrap up reports for each campaign initiative.
- Provide Customer service for any new Mass Market Event participants and donors and serve as fundraising resource for all event participants.
- Manage key aspects of events as related to top fundraiser and team experience and recognition.
- Provide support on site at each event
- Coordinate design and production of all awards and recognition pieces
- Assist with management of all VIP cultivation and recognition activities
- Coordinate production of all event materials including utilizing COASC branding and sourced print houses to coordinate printing, managing prep and assembly when necessary through marketing staff
- Coordinate with the Development Database Administrator the management of volunteers for all special event needs.
- Support the execution and success of the annual SmileMakers Holiday Gift Program with Development Team and the SmileMakers Volunteer Program
- Manage assigned fundraising initiatives to ensure the achievement of annual goals and objectives within the framework of the department’s budget.
- Work closely with the Director of Development to design and implement specific short- and long-term individual cultivations and stewardship initiatives including COASC fundraising campaigns
- Manage donor recognition to ensure that all individual, corporate and foundation donors are appropriately thanked and recognized throughout the year.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Perform Database mining and work with the Development Database Administrator to coordinate the proper analysis, segmentation and tracking of donors.
- Develop strategies, prepare impactful collateral and schedule direct mail appeal letters
- Prepare media materials for distribution and donor kits for events and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Community Relations.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience working in a fast-paced nonprofit environment
- Passion for seniors
- Excellent oral, written, financial and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Fundraising Tools preferred i.e. eTapestry, Razors Edge etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate the COASC mission to internal and external audiences
- Ability to establish and help foster a positive environment, two-way communication, and strong trust amongst colleagues
- Focus on teamwork and providing the highest level of donor service
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to sit for periods of time. Standing, walking and bending are required movements. The employee will occasionally need to lift approximately 25 lbs.; including Art display racks, tables and chairs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The ability to transport oneself to needed appointments with reliable transportation is required.