Job Title: Philanthropy Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Philanthropy
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Together, We Can Make a Difference: UCP-OC is here to help children with disabilities reach their full potential and improve the quality of life for their families.
Summary: The Philanthropy Coordinator is an integral part of the day-to-day operations of the Philanthropy team, providing database, administrative, fundraising and event support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for database services, including data entry, maintenance of constituent records, donor gift receipts, gift acknowledgements, queries and reports, batching and mail merges.
- Prepare agendas, meeting materials, and minutes as needed.
- Department financial support including: process all incoming gifts and gift designation; check requests and invoices; interface with Finance department for routine reconciliation procedures.
- Scheduling of meetings and strategy sessions required for Philanthropy team.
- In collaboration with the Philanthropy Manager, design a direct mail program including scheduling, donor lists, letter writing and production.
- Prepare quarterly content for internal and external newsletters.
- In collaboration with the Philanthropy Specialist, assist in writing and preparing grant proposals.
- Support Philanthropy team in administrative duties relating to all special events.
- Research, solicit and steward silent and live auction donors.
- Research, identify and manage relationships with third party event donors.
- Assist in the preparation of a pre- and post-event analysis, presenting opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Work in collaboration with the Philanthropy Manager on all event related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet, including ability to efficiently create and manipulate Excel data, as well as mail merging.
- Good writing, grammatical, punctuation, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Communication skills including strong interpersonal skills, and ability to speak, read and write effectively in the English language.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and reach logical, practical decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in administrative capacities.
- Proficiency or 1 to 2 years hands-on experience with Raiser’s Edge database software preferred, or similar donor management system.
- This position requires local travel. Must have a reliable means of transportation.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.