PARENT ENGAGEMENT & EVENTS MANAGER
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full-time, salaried, exempt, 12-month position
Purpose: To develop and implement parent engagement strategies to support the philanthropic and retention goals of the school, to cultivate volunteerism and a sense of community, in conjunction with executing St. Mary’s community events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with School leadership to develop strategies to engage parents throughout their time at St. Mary’s, from new parent to alumni parent.
- Oversee new family welcome efforts to formalize and make consistent the way we welcome and engage our new families.
- Responsible for the successful planning, management, execution and delivery of all Advancement events including: Spring Gala, Golf Tournament, Grandparents Day, Volunteer Appreciation Event, Annual Fund Appreciation Breakfast, Summer Concert, Founder’s Family Fun Day, Admission Open Houses, New Family Welcome Events, Alumni Events and other community events.
- Responsibilities for these events include:
- Working with the Director of Development to set fundraising goals, budgets and benchmarks and effectively managing logistics within those expectations.
- Managing multiple timelines to include selecting event dates, securing venues, logo, invitation and program design, communication with key constituents and all logistics of the event.
- Managing venue and vendor selection, contract negotiations and working with vendors throughout the process to ensure events run smoothly.
- Recruiting, training and supervising of chairs and volunteers for event committees.
- Managing event information in school database and product accurate and timely reports.
- Working with the Director of Communications on all event communication materials, both internal and external, including web and social media tools.
- Identifying opportunities for increasing event revenues and corporate solicitation efforts.
- Preparing post-event evaluation, analysis reports and the documentation of all event information for future reference.
- Maintain events calendar to ensure coordination with all campus events.
- Enlist volunteers for the PTF (Parent Teacher Fellowship) Board and event committees to ensure that the needs of the committee are met and volunteerism is increased.
- Supervise and direct the PTF to ensure productive and positive volunteer and school interaction.
- Work with the PTF Board and Director of Admission to enlist room parents and new family mentors.
- Create opportunities throughout the year to thank volunteers, concluding with the Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast in the spring.
- Maintain good rapport with parents, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Receive, process and maintain confidential and sensitive information with discretion according to established guidelines.
- Respond to requests for information from donors, volunteers, and staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with identifying potential donor prospects.
- Assist in generating accurate event data needed for the Annual Report.
- Assist with the documentation of departmental procedures.
- Attend relevant meetings (e.g. Development Committee, PTF Board, Advancement team, and other meetings as appropriate)
- Oversee and manage the appropriate line items within the Development Department budget.
- Work collaboratively with the Advancement Team.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Development and Head of School.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit development or fundraising event planning.
- Experience r4ecruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Displays excellent project management and follow-up skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of intiative and the ability to work productivity in a fast-paced environment where time sensitive deadlines and interruptions are the norm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both internal and external, with a strong customer service focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ethical and discreet team player.
- High energy, self-starter with the ability to sucessfully prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office.
- Skilled at using a donor database, knowledge of Raisers Edge a plus.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to work occassionaly on weekends and evenings.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance plan options, a matching 401(k), paid time off and a reduced summer schedule.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please specify that you found the ad on AFP.