The Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations, reporting to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, plays a key role in growing Segerstrom Center for the Arts’ programmatic and operating support through the creation and writing of successful proposals for both corporate and foundation support. The successful candidate is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit, and track grant proposals and reports to current and prospective corporate and foundation partners with the objective of achieving and exceeding annual financial goals for Corporate and Foundations (currently set at a combined $2.2 million goal with the intention to grow to $3 million in five years). The Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations will lead written communications for the team and manage a small portfolio of funders as the primary contact.
- Assist with the design and implementation of fundraising and proposal strategies from foundation and corporate prospects to generate support for the Center’s priorities, including researching, interpreting and communicating donor guidelines, formulating fundraising action plans, and participating in meetings, events, and other activities.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Center’s strengths and areas of opportunity for fundraising including programming, education and community engagement by serving as development liaison to colleagues in other key departments at the Center.
- With direction from the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, develop and maintain a comprehensive schedule of corporate and foundation grant inquiries, proposals, and reports.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of 10-15 corporate and foundation donors and prospects driving toward the overall Corporate and Foundations Relations team goal of approximately $2.2 million in annual support.
- Develop creative, individually tailored proposals for each solicitation; write proposals, letters of inquiry and related reports, and prepare project budgets; assisting with department-wide writing needs as identified.
- Work with the Corporate and Foundation Relations team to meet all reporting and other grant requirements for full portfolio of Corporate and Foundation partners.
- Maintain and update Language Bank of all proposals and reporting language as approved by colleagues in key Center departments.
- Assist Corporate and Foundation Relations team with the execution of thoughtful, customized stewardship plans for all corporate and foundations partners (Moves Management).
- Assist Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations in researching and identifying prospective funders in partnership with the Director of Development Operations and Prospect Research.
- Serve as an information resource to development colleagues and the Center’s leadership by interpreting and keeping current on the interests of various funders.
Essential Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in corporate or foundation fundraising, with demonstrated success in grant and proposal writing.
- Outstanding writing, design, and presentation skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to craft sophisticated and persuasive sponsorship and grant proposals and stewardship reports.
- Experience interfacing with foundation staff and corporate marketing professionals
- Strong database management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to customer service
- Ability to regularly problem-solve and negotiate with tact and diplomacy
- A dedicated team player with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.). Experience tracking grant activity within a CRM database such as Tessitura is desirable
- Pluses: Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.); familiarity with Tessitura database; and a passion for the performing arts
You may send a cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org