Founded in 1997, Think Together partners with schools to change the odds for kids by providing award-winning programs during and outside the school day. We’re one of California’s largest nonprofits working in school districts from San Diego to San Francisco. Whether you’re interested in early learning, elementary, middle or high school, you can invest in your community by working at a local school or working within our home office providing support!
The Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations will work with the Development Team whose mission is to promote the work of Think Together and Orenda Education to an external audience and to raise philanthropic funding to support the organization’s mission and strategic goals. This position is responsible for supporting relationships with corporate and foundation partners and handles all aspects of developing successful grant proposals and reporting, coordinating input across the organization as needed. The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and be highly detail-oriented. The position is supervised by the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify new foundation, individual, and corporate prospects in Think Together / Orenda Education service areas
- Work with program staff to match foundation, individual, and corporate guidelines with program needs and initiatives
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with site visits, special events, and ongoing communication as needed
- Work independently in a team setting and with all levels of senior management, board, and support staff
- Adept at supporting the CEO and board members by generating data, reports, and collateral used to engage with potential donors
- Experience with designing PowerPoint presentations for multiple audiences
- Working with funders to ensure that proposals and grant reports are submitted in a timely fashion (on deadline)
- Maintain and update corporate and foundation grant pipeline
- Review government forecasts for grant opportunities
- Coordinate with program staff to evaluate and plan for opportunities
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum three years’ experience in foundation and/or corporate development; demonstrated track record of securing $50,000+ grant awards preferred
- Experience working in fast-paced, rapidly-growing organizations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Indesign would be a plus
- Established track record of success in identifying prospects, donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of philanthropic trends and the K-12 educational landscape
- Keen investigative sense, high level of thoroughness, and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Commitment to research ethics
- Commitment to and passion for the mission of Think Together
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on website at ThinkTogether.org/Careers.