The University of Pittsburgh is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the Major Gifts Officer position for the Medical and Health Sciences Foundation.
The Major Gifts Officer:
- provides direct fundraising services to former residents and fellow alumni of the University of Pittsburgh's School of Medicine
- participates and/or provides leadership in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of fundraising projects and programs to meet established development goals
- personally identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards donors and prospects in accordance with performance targets set by the Foundation
The incumbent is responsible for successfully soliciting gifts of $50,000 and above. Bachelor's degree with a least three years of experience in fundraising/development is required.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Bachelor's degree with at least three years of experience in fund raising/development directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
1.Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
2. Demonstrated ability in securing gifts and pledges from individuals.
3. Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long-and short-range development initiatives to meet established priorities.
4.Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
5. Working knowledge of a variety of fund-raising strategies and methods.
6. Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
7.Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively one-on-one and to small groups.
8. Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors,prospects, volunteers, and others.