Grant Writer – Full Time
Accepting Applications until the position is filled
Send cover letter, resume and recent grant writing sample to: Don Han, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit cover letter, resume and grant writing sample in pdf format. Note: Applications will only be accepted via email. Website: https://www.ochumanrelations.org/careers/
At OC Human Relations, we’re passionate about making Orange County a better place for ALL people to live, work, go to school and do business. Established as a non-profit in 1991, the Orange County Human Relations Council (more commonly known as OC Human Relations), develops and implements proactive human relations programs in partnership with schools, corporations, cities, foundations and individuals. Our mission is to foster mutual understanding among residents and eliminate prejudice, intolerance and discrimination in order to make Orange county a better place for ALL people to live, work, go to school and do business. We believe that everyone has the right to live free of violence and discrimination.
The Grant Writer is a full-time salaried position and reports to the Director of Development. As part of a small Development team, the Grant Writer takes the lead role in grant research, grant writing and reporting. The Development team contributes to raising nearly half of the overall annual operating budget of $2 million. The Grant Writer works collaboratively with program directors to brainstorm content for compelling letters and proposals, reports and budgets. The Grant Writer manages a grant calendar to track grants, sponsorship requests, reports and letters of support. Also, they support the efforts of the team to meet the annual fundraising goals periodically.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Research and identify new funding opportunities aligned to operating budget
• Write and submit grant letters of inquiry, proposals and concept papers
• Track, compile and submit grant reports, budget expenditures and deliverables
• Submit sponsorship requests for annual awards event
• Participate in staff, program and team meetings
• Work directly with program directors to understand program goals, support with the analysis of outcomes and compliance to grant requirements
• Compile and maintain a grant calendar with deadlines for applications and reports in word, excel, paper files and/or CRM database
• Maintain strong and positive relationships with funders (phone calls, meetings, updates)
• Develop an annual grants strategy as part of a broader Annual Development Plan
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• At least 3 years of experience in grant writing within non-profits
• Familiarity with local Orange County and regional foundations and corporate donors
• Track record of successfully securing grants in the non-profit sector
• Experience working in deadline-driven environments
• Ability to multi-task, be a self-starter and take initiative
• Prioritize time management to successfully meet established deadlines and goals
• Mastery of basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint/Office 365) and familiarity with various technology platforms to support grant writing and research (CRM database, grant research websites, etc.)
• Understanding of and passion for our mission and the field of diversity, inclusion and equity
• Strong written communication skills
• Strong editing skills and ability to write clear, articulate documents
• Attention to detail
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Familiarity with budgets and ability to run and interpret reports in CRM and accounting software
• Flexibility in schedules - occasional work on weekday evenings or weekend may be required to meet deadlines
This position will be hired at 40 hours week. The starting salary for this position is $55,000 -$65,000.
Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, 11 paid holidays, 9 sick days, 10 paid vacation days, and others.
A screening of applications will determine the most qualified candidates who will then be invited to interview. The interview process may include a short-written test.
$55,000 - $65,000