DESCRIPTION: The Gift Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting alumni, parents and friends of the University for gifts to fund institutional priorities. This individual will report directly to the Director of Alumni Engagement and Development.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects; recommend and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies of individual prospects, working with administration, faculty and volunteers as appropriate; meet with prospects and volunteers, traveling as necessary.
- Raise funds for Imagine Campaign and student scholarships.
- Recruit and work with volunteer leadership to engage their network and solicit gifts.
- Ensure timely contact reports on all activity required to be recorded in database.
- Assist with creating and planning cultivation events or programs.
- Maintain knowledge of current tax laws, investments and planned giving opportunities; use knowledge in prospect cultivation and solicitation as appropriate.
- Introduce prospects to University leadership when appropriate
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree program.
- Work requires two years of sales experience or fundraising experience in a related organization.
- Commitment to working cooperatively with the Advancement teams.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University.
- Vanguard Alum Preferred
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VU Application for Staff Employment (this application form can be downloaded from the web at www.vanguard.edu/hr) along with a resume and cover letter for consideration. You may email to: RESUME@vanguard.edu.
Applications will be received until position is filled.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,000 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.