Fundraising Development Manager
Grandma’s House of Hope
Organization: Grandma’s House of Hope (GHH) empowers the invisible populations of Orange County. GHH is an Orange County-based nonprofit providing basic needs and enrichment services to women, children, and families living in extreme poverty and facing seemingly insurmountable barriers, including human trafficking, domestic violence, life-threatening illnesses, and severe mental health concerns. Our four programs – GHH Rescued and Restored Women’s Housing Program, Grandpa’s House, Nana’s Kidz, and HopeWorks serve more than 3,500 people each year. In our work, we value love and compassion, respect and acceptance, and honesty and integrity, and every day we work toward the realization of our vision: a thriving, supportive community full of caring and productive individuals where everyone has a safe place to call home.
Position: The Fundraising Development Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and management of a comprehensive annual giving and stewardship program. If you are a high-energy, organized, detailed person who is a team player, who enjoys working in a fun and meaningful environment, as well as looking to grow in your career, GHH may be the place for you!
Status: Full time
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Volunteers and interns
Requires travel throughout Southern California, primarily in Orange County.
- Minimum B.A. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a non- profit environment/ Fundraising certification preferred.
- Experience with budgeting, campaign management, and database management. Experience with Bloomerang a plus.
- Progressive Fund Development experience with emphasis in the area of annual giving.
- Excellent customer relations and relationship-building skills.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills and comfort in front of large groups.
- Show proven success in growing unrestricted support through prospect identification, upper-level giving programs, cultivation events, and direct mail marketing.
- Be able to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Must be team-oriented, able to demonstrate exceptional communication abilities, both orally and in writing, be able to multi-task, and work with multiple audiences both externally and internally.
- Requires detailed record keeping skills.
- Knowledge of relevant office practices and procedures and the ability to master new procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Social Media, AV set-up and presentations.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for GHH’s mission and vision.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive annual appeal program, including strategies to incorporate community service groups, e-campaigns, giving societies, focus on new donors, and increasing average gift amounts.
- Serve as an articulate, passionate, professional and visible spokesperson for the organization, among stakeholders, and in the Orange County non-profit community.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Manage the annual giving program to achieve yearly goals.
- Plan and oversee Annual Gala event raising $150,000 -$250,000
- Oversee direct mail solicitations with emphasis on raising general operating dollars.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate telemarketing solicitations.
- Develop and implement annual solicitation strategies, written marketing materials, and cultivation events.
- Provide leadership to annual giving volunteers and interns through recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation.
- Lead strategy for comprehensive donor stewardship program.
- Lead in creating donor recognition programs.
- Assist in identifying planned giving prospects.
- Assist with concepts, messages, and communication for fundraising events.
- Develop strategies to build community through social media.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Generate accurate reports on activities when requested.
- Attend meetings and events as assigned.
- Provide general support to the Executive Director and designated staff as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
In the course of performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, listening/speaking, writing and operating a personal computer. The employee will be required to drive an automobile or use public transportation to attend meetings within the community. The employee is expected to lift and carry office records and supplies up to 40 lbs on an occasional basis, set up/ break down displays, bend, transport materials, climb stairs, and stand for long periods during special events. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties of the job.
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include "Fundraising Development Manager" in the subject line.
Grandma’s House of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.