Organization: Family Promise of Orange County (FPOC)
Position: Fund Development Manager (desired start date 1/4/21)
Salary: DOE - full-time salaried exempt
Location: 310 W. Broadway Anaheim, CA 92805
Education: 4-Year Degree
Experience: 3-5 years fund development experience
Language: Proficient (written and verbal) English required
FPOC is seeking a full-time Fund Development Manager with 3-5 years fund development experience who work closely with volunteer leaders and other staff members to build and cultivate a renewable and sustainable base of support for ongoing and increased operations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is an integral part of the fund development team and is responsible for overseeing all actions pertaining to FPOC’s fund development efforts. The Development Manager drives fund development and revenue growth in a manner that is consistent with the Organization’s philosophy and identified need to increase and diversify philanthropic support.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, designs, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive annual development plan to meet strategic objectives, financial goals and mission of FPOC.
- Leads, creates, implements, and monitors annual and long-term fund development plan to secure gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, government.
- Oversees grant management, monitors, and ensures grant goals are achieved.
- Partners collaboratively with the Executive Director, key volunteer leaders and staff to achieve the fundraising goals of the organization.
Fundraising & Leadership
- Cultivates, expands, and diversifies financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Develops, stewards, and maintains ongoing relationships with all donors.
- Oversees the organization and execution of all fundraising events.
- Tracks, measures, analyzes, and reports all aspects of fundraising efforts with clear accounting and accountability
- Manage the Grant Writer consultant and ensures that grant applications and reports are submitted on time
- Mentor and lead other team members and volunteers in the execution of fundraising efforts.
- Lead the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities.
- Oversees the use and management of the donor database and integration with accounting software
- Provide friendly, donor-centered customer service and represent FPOC in a professional and positive manner at community events and activities.
- Facilitate presentations for the Executive Director with stakeholders, community groups, potential donors, clergy, and potential faith-based partners.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3- 5 years of demonstrated success in meeting organization’s fundraising goals, through diverse funding streams including gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Ability to organize, motivate and lead volunteers to success through event committees.
- Experience seeking out and cultivating relationships that lead to increased agency funding.
- A genuine interest in helping donors fulfil their passions and interests through their giving and philanthropy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive information relating to donors and fundraising.
- Excellent communication and detailed-oriented organizational skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and CRM databases (eg. Salesforce) to facilitate fundraising success.
- Valid CA Driver's License and a good driving record
- Reliable vehicle, valid auto insurance and willingness to transport program participants
- Able to safely lift 25 lbs. (i.e. accepting donated items)
Family Promise of Orange County is an Equal Opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
If you meet the position qualifications and passionate about to helping to end family homelessness, email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Cyndee Albertson, Executive Director at email@example.com.
For more information on FPOC programs, visit our website www.familypromiseoc.org.