Pretend City Children’s Museum is a non-profit organization whose mission is to build better brains through fun, whole body learning experiences and empowers children and their grown-ups to meaningfully connect with and expand their world. Designed as an interactive and hands-on museum, Pretend City Children’s Museum provides programming, activities and learning opportunities that are not typically offered in schools or readily accessible within the community.
In line with our goals, we are currently seeking a highly motivated, organized and creative Fund Development Manager to engage our community of donors, members, visitors and friends with mission-based messages and targeted communications that inspire investment in healthy child development and early childhood education.
The Fund Development Manager works strategically with the Chief Development Officer, Marketing team, and Membership Coordinator to increase donor base of modest to mid-level donors (up to $10,000) through exhibit and program support, as well as events and annual giving campaigns.
The position requires an individual with an enthusiastic, strategic, and professional approach to relationship building, gift solicitation, and stewardship. The ability to dynamically engage a diverse team of staff and volunteers in fundraising efforts is critical.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Development Officer to implement comprehensive annual giving strategy to build a more robust donor pipeline
- Execute donor engagement strategies, including qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, to significantly increase the number of annual donors and upgrade existing donors. This position will be responsible to manage a portfolio of 50 to 100 annual and mid-level prospects
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to ensure effective collateral, e-communications, website, direct mail, print materials, and in-house museum messaging
- Works closely with the Membership Coordinator on member/donor conversion, including execution of member events
- Coordinate fundraising special events including committee recruitment, program details, communications, and event logistics (in coordination with Executive /Development Assistant)
- Actively participate in annual fundraising special events by soliciting sponsors, supporting other revenue efforts (e.g. opportunity drawings, fund the mission) and maximizing ticket sales
- Plan and execute affinity group cultivation activities
- Work closely with Executive / Development Assistant to ensure accuracy of data entry, moves management, gift and appeal tracking and reporting
- Oversee donor stewardship efforts, aligning acknowledgement letters, benefits, and recognition with appeal messages and content
Ideal Experience and Skill Set:
- 2-4 years of fundraising experience, with direct responsibility for relationship management, solicitation, and event coordination
- Bachelor’s degree, course work in communication, sales, marketing, writing and/or nonprofit management preferred
- Strong ability to create a plan and execute
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with donor management software; Altru or Raisers Edge is a plus
- Collaborative and creative, with contagious enthusiasm for donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to be flexible
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a willingness to try new ideas and motivate others to do the same
- Positive attitude, with a preference for a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
- Respectful and approachable, with high standards for integrity and confidentiality
- Genuine interest in advancing the mission of Pretend City Children’s Museum
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com. The email subject line MUST include the following: Fund Development Manager.