Meals on Wheels Orange County
Events and Marketing Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Development
FLSA Classification: Full-time; Exempt
Supervises others: No
JOB SUMMARY: The Events and Marketing Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of all Advancement events of Meals on Wheels OC. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing and public relations plans and the maintenance of the website for Meals on Wheels OC. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for all special events, which include site tours, offsite gatherings, and an annual gala.
- Coordinate event logistics including collateral material design, production and distribution, as well as working with 3rd party vendors for public relations, advertising, catering, etc.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and work with Volunteer Services staff to coordinate volunteer needs.
- Responsible for the development and management of the events and marketing budgets.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of timely and relevant content across Meals on Wheels OC’s digital, social, and print platforms—ensuring content and channels are aligned with the larger Meals on Wheels OC mission, brand, and strategy.
- Stay current on, and have a deep understanding of, the communications landscape and how to address complex issues—from strategic communications planning and proactive messaging to reactive communications and crisis mitigation—across platforms.
- Maintain MealsonWheelsOC.org’s site content, ensuring accuracy and finding new ways to inspire supporters and donors, share scientific advancements, and reinforce our mission.
- Leverage data and analytics to provide regular reports that will enhance our understanding of Meals on Wheels OC social communities, to measure engagement, and to provide strategic recommendations.
- Execute content across all social media platforms (e.g., Instagram Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Execute on other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or BS degree from an accredited institution preferable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years fundraising experience in donor relations and special events in a non-profit agency.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in a paid special events, marketing and website management position.
- Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business development/relationship programs required.
- Ability to attend functions/activities outside normal business hours.
- Must pass physical and background check (post offer).
- Understanding of and passion for Meals on Wheels OC’s vision and mission
- Exemplifies Meals on Wheels OC’s organizational values of compassion, integrity, respect, excellence, communication, and innovation
- A self-starter who displays flexibility, responsibility, and a sense of humor
- Enjoys working directly with donors, older adults, volunteers, community partners, etc.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to lift up 50 lbs without assistance
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and may be required to stand for extensive lengths of time.
- Able to see close up, moderate and long distances with or without accommodation
- The position uses most the senses, tactile, temperature sensitivity, hearing, seeing, and smelling.
- Excellent Fine motor skill manipulation for typing
- Sitting for an extended period of time.
To apply, visit this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=seniorserv&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US