Director, Resource Development
The Boys & Girls Club of the South Coast Area (BGCSCA) seeks a Director of Resource Development to help the Club achieve its vision of expanding our reach in the local community and beyond. Reporting to the CEO, this position will dramatically expand fundraising capacity and expertise in creating a development plan to support the strategic growth of the organization. The position is responsible for leading the growth, development, and successful execution of a comprehensive development program. This position will build relationships and a pipeline of annual donors with the ultimate goal of cultivating major donors. The successful candidate will build and manage a strong fundraising team with the goal of tripling fundraising revenue by 2023.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned fundraising professional with demonstrated experience in annual giving, major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, grant writing, planned giving, event-related fundraising, and capital campaigns. In addition to planning and executing a comprehensive fundraising program, the Director of Resource Development will also integrate and shape community engagement activities in support of the organization’s strategic vision and goals.
1. Secure major gifts, implement corporate giving, capital campaigns, special events, grant writing and familiarity with planned giving.
2. Provide effective leadership, mentoring and guidance in all fundraising activities.
3. Recruit and manage development department as resources grow.
4. Develop a fundraising plan to meet current budgetary requirements and to advance the Club’s strategic plan.
5. Cultivate relationships with key potential donor prospects leading to prospective donors at major gift levels.
6. Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan to support the strategic plan.
7. Maintain foundation, corporation and donor files in database. Prepare all letters for donor gifts. Create fundraising and other database reports.
8. Work closely with and engage the CEO, Board of Directors and volunteers to lead the collective fundraising efforts for the purpose of obtaining more resources to increase our capacity to serve.
9. Other duties as determined by the CEO.
If interested, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org