Under the general direction of the President/CEO, the Director of Organizational Development Services (ODS) for Nonprofits oversees the development and implementation of ODS strategies and is responsible for the business development and revenue-generation of the ODS department. The position is both strategic and operational with outcomes designed to help local nonprofits become more effective and efficient while guiding them successfully through organizational issues. This role is primarily external facing, managing the activities and outcomes related to external trainings including the design, development and timely delivery of technical and professional/leadership development training programs, which effectively address the learning and performance needs of Orange County’s nonprofit, volunteer and corporate community. This position is an active member of OneOC’s leadership team and partners with the CEO on overall strategies of the ODS department providing leadership and operational oversight to the ODS team, and ultimately ensuring the delivery of the established business goals and strategies which support the organization’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and provides strategic oversight, direction and implementation of OneOC’s organizational development services (ODS) to support the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Leads and coordinates activities to ensure successful and timely delivery of quality educational experiences to increase the knowledge and success of Orange County’s nonprofit organizations, companies and their staff and volunteers.
- Oversees and evaluates ongoing training and consulting services based upon needs assessments, course evaluation and client feedback.
- Ensures the effective implementation of training programs through training materials, methods and trainers, including manuals, toolkits, guides, presentations, videos, e-learning programs and classroom environments.
- Ensures the effective implementation of virtual learning strategies, including virtual classroom learning and self-paced, web-based training for both technical and professional/leadership development training topics.
- Evaluates, monitors and/or expands external professional/leadership development training.
- Ensures scalable, relevant training certification programs.
- Establishes and communicates external training and consulting standards and methodology and ensures compliance across all training programs. Conducts up-to-date external scans and needs assessments to determine training and development resource needs; presents recommendations to senior leadership.
- Identifies strategic opportunities to evaluate and advance existing training methods and tools for the growth and improvement of business/organizational performance.
- Provides quality consulting and custom training services to clients.
- Designs, builds and manages ODS department to meet the diverse and dynamic needs of a growing, evolving community. Supervises and develops ODS staff, interns and volunteers.
- Generates new earned revenue; meets financial goals.
- Responsible for creation of annual budget, financial management and operational plans to support the services.
- Identifies needs and reviews recommendations for utilizing outside resources. Recruits and sources instructors and presenters and oversees the quality of products and services delivered.
- Collaborates and shares best practices with internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure general consistencies in best practices.
- Develops and manages database/communications systems.
- Analyzes key metrics to determine progress and appropriate actions and ensures compliance; provides reports to key stakeholders.
- Markets OneOC ODS to target audiences increasing viable collaborations to develop visibility in the community.
- Develops strong community partnerships including nonprofit organizations, corporations and government entities to enhance ODS in the community.
- Ensures the execution of OneOC outreach goals through listening tours.
- Participates in professional organizations, nonprofit leadership forums and affinity groups to network within the training community. Continues to develop learning knowledge and expertise.
- Participates as an active member of the leadership team. Serves as the communication link between the program and senior leadership of the organization.
- Works closely with Community Engagement Department to generate relevant grants and sponsorships.
- Supports the vision and goals of OneOC.
- Ensures the design, both in-house and with third parties, a solution which includes a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, action learning and e-learning; delivers these blended solutions and training sessions to staff, initially at management level, then to all staff.
- Leads board volunteer task forces and committees as assigned.
- Participates in OneOC organizational goal setting, monitoring, and evaluation process.
- Ensures effective and courteous communication with all contacts -- internal and external. Works well with groups of diverse people.
- Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with organizational and department policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all applicable safety requirements for the program and work environment are met; including prompt injury and incident reporting.
- Meets all requirements for confidentiality and for management of corporate, finance and personnel information including distribution controls, secure filing and disposal, and records retention and storage. Reports violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides leadership without favoritism and serves as a positive role model.
- Completes supervisory duties timely and effectively, including working with human resources to follow interviewing and hiring procedures, job training, appraising, counseling and disciplinary processes.
- Reduces employer risk through compliance with HR practices and policies, especially non-harassment and non-discrimination.
- Schedules employees and approves time and attendance matters.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Organizational Development or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of successful training and consulting experience required.
- Successful experience in designing and delivering effective consulting services required.
- Experience in online learning courses preferred.
- Must have proven experience in collaborating with subject matter experts to design and develop successful learning strategies and courses and curriculum.
- Proven project management, facilitation and presentation skills required.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Possesses strategic and analytical capabilities and the ability to execute tactical training needs.
- Must be proactive and productive in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to deliver high quality work.
- Possesses the ability to work with multiple team functions. Must be a collaborative team player.
- Must be organized, a self-starter and an inspirational leader.
- Budget development and financial management experience required.
- Expertise in adult education principles required.
- Experience working with funders a plus.
- Must have a successful track record of generating earned revenue and delivering results.
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe presentation programs as well as Internet and email programs proficiently.
- Proficient in LMS (e.g., Litmos and Moodle) and CRM, (e.g., Salesforce) platforms a plus.
- Has good general knowledge of computer operations; uses a keyboard and calculator proficiently and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Uses typical office equipment.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk. Stands and walks throughout the day.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours or more each day.
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses and vision sufficient to use equipment and drive a car safely.
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and on the telephone.
- Lifts up to 10 pounds regularly and 25 pounds occasionally.
- Exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
MENTAL AND REASONING REQUIREMENTS:
- Uses critical thinking skills to create documents and spreadsheets and interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to set goals based on available information and to plan work in order to meet deadlines. Able to project likely future occurrences based on current or historic data.
- Uses decision-making skills and judgment to work independently to resolve problems; able to identify those situations that require supervisor intervention for a solution.
- Able to formulate appropriate responses to requests for services and information from internal or external customers.
- Able to understand, comply, and implement established processes, practices, and systems.
- Uses skill and judgment to ensure written or verbal outputs are clear, accurate, grammatical and of appropriate tone.
- Able to present effective and compelling messages to individuals, groups, and the public.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Organizes workload throughout the day to meet project timelines and deadlines.
- Maintains professional behavior, dress and appearance at all times.
- Attends meetings and trainings as requested.
To apply, forward your resume to email@example.com.
OneOC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.