This is a full-time position. Reports to the CEO. This is a critical leadership and fundraising position in the organization. This role provides strategic leadership and vision for developing, executing and managing a team of volunteers responsible for integrated fundraising, marketing and public relations strategy. Coordinates closely with the CEO. The right candidate for this position will have proven nonprofit fundraising experience including major donors, capital campaign, corporate partnerships, donor acquisition, and donor cultivation, events, online fundraising, and grants. You should be bold and confident in raising money for a cause you deeply believe in. This person must thrive on initiating and developing strong donor relationships, be self-motivated and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Accountable for all fundraising goals, $1 million budget organization
- Development of all fundraising strategies and plans
- Responsible for all development, fundraising, and marketing including individual donors, corporate donors, community partners, major gifts, grants, events, direct response, social media, and email.
- Lead, inspire, coach and manage the volunteer development team
- Initiate, develop and build lasting, committed relationships with donors
- Develop and manage donor acquisition and cultivation programs
- Plan and execute a variety of fundraising and awareness events including annual Community Support Campaign, Gala, Golf Tournament, Casino Night, Igniting Potential, and Christmas Tree Lot.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequests.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Be a spokesperson and liaison within the community and attend community events
- Staff lead for the Fundraising Committee working closely with the Board of Directors
- Tracking and reporting of all fundraising and marketing metrics and results
- Create, pursue and cultivate corporate and foundation contacts
- Ensure donor cultivation
- Pursue speaking engagements for the organization
- Minimum 5 years of successful nonprofit fundraising experience
- Experience fundraising in Orange or LA County, California is a must
- Demonstrated progressive experience in developing and executing an integrated fundraising program.
- Demonstrated experience developing donor relationships
- Demonstrated experience hitting fundraising goals and growth year over year.
- Confident and energetic public speaker
- Experience working in a CRM- Little Green Light preferred
- Excellent communicator
- Inspire confidence
Bachelor’s degree. CFRE preferred.
Please email your resume and a cover letter that inspires us to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line