DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Priority Center (formally known as the Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center) is seeking a Director of Development, whose primary responsibility is establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow the organization’s budget through the solicitation of major gifts, grants, special events, and corporate and foundation support. The right candidate for this position will have proven nonprofit fundraising experience including major donor, corporate partnerships, donor acquisition and cultivation, events, social media, and grants. You should be bold and confident in raising money for a cause you deeply believe in. This person must thrive on initiating and developing strong donor relationships, be self-motivated and enjoy a fast-paced environment. This position requires strong attention to detail, discretion, and mature independent judgment in working with donors and handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Develops, executes and guides the organization’s fundraising strategies and plans
- Supports overall efforts in growing the organization’s robust, diverse donor base through assisting with the planning and execution of: fundraising/cultivation events, corporate/individual proposals, and annual appeals.
- Responsible for all development, fundraising and marketing including: individual donors, corporate donors, community partners, major gifts, grants, events, direct response, social media, and email.
- Initiate, develop and build lasting, committed relationships with donors
- Performance in this position is measured by successfully building and maintaining strong donor relationships and a high execution of fundraising strategies to meet designated initiatives and overall annual goals.
- Oversee coordination of a variety of fundraising and awareness events including annual Gala
- Be a spokesperson and liaison within the community and attend community events
- Tracking and reporting of all fundraising and marketing metrics and results
- Create, pursue and cultivate corporate and foundation contacts
- Ensure donor cultivation
- Pursue speaking engagements for the organization
- Connections, community events, as well as in-person visits and other cultivation strategies.
- 4+ years of professional fundraising experience
- Knowledge of fundraising fundamentals and continuous learner in fundraising best practices
- Demonstrated progressive experience in developing and executing an integrated fundraising program.
- Demonstrated success in securing individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, and event management
- Demonstrated experience developing donor relationships
- Demonstrated experience hitting fundraising goals and growth year over year
- High-energy professional with strong initiative to build new relationships
- Proficient in MS Office, donor database CRM (preferably Salesforce), and web research
- Professional demeanor and experience working with high level community/business volunteers
- Mission driven; business minded
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment with the skills to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Handle and produce data and fiscal analysis for reporting purposes; consistently demonstrate high attention to detail
- Experience fundraising in Orange County, California a plus
- Confident and energetic public speaker
Please email your resume and a cover letter that inspires us to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line