Santa Margarita Catholic High School is accepting applications for the position of Director of Alumni Giving & Relations.
The Director of Alumni Giving & Relations (DAGR) will develop, lead and manage a comprehensive alumni relations effort that strives to increase the number of Santa Margarita Catholic High School alumni actively engaged with the school in a variety of ways. Fifty percent of the DAGR’s time will be devoted to maintaining and soliciting a personal portfolio of annual gift prospects focusing on young alumni and non-donor alumni through prospect identification, cultivation and stewardship. Additionally, the DAR will engage and solicit local businesses to be part of our Business Alliance Program. The DAR will work closely with alumni creating opportunities for engagement to make SMCHS relevant in their lives.
- Create a portfolio of donors by meeting with 8-10 prospects per month including prospects for our Business Alliance Program.
- Works with Sr. Director of Advancement with the implementation and execution of our annual giving program, the Eagle Fund, with a focus on alumni and non-donors.
- Develop, maintain and grow alumni programs to build and strengthen lifetime connections
- Plan and promote alumni events including Homecoming, Career Day, Class Reunions, Alumni Games, annual Sarah DeMille 5K and other alumni social and networking events to promote the SMCHS family.
- Support the mission of Santa Margarita Catholic High School and the work of the Advancement Office by being present at events
- Prepare Alumni correspondence.
- Collaborate with Advancement and Communications team on alumni publications and other printed materials regarding alumni as well as use of social media as a communication tool to engage with alumni through the use of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email blasts, and LinkedIn.
- Researches, writes and edits alumni print media, mailings, e-mail, Wings, and the website.
- Develop relationships with SMCHS senior students to engage them as young alumni and encourage and maintain SM relationships with them.
- Provide staff support for school wide fundraisers and events including but not limited to Blue & Gold Gala, Eagle Classic Golf Tournament, New Parent Dinner, Appreciation Dinner, Grandparents Day.
- Assist Sr. Director of Advancement with the implementation of special projects
Qualifications or Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Experience in annual giving and/or alumni/ae relations preferred.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining annual gifts and developing relationships with donors.
- Experience with prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with peers, senior staff, volunteers and the SM Community.
- Ability to work independently and maturely as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, within the organization and with donors.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office software; strong internet and email; social media communication skills required.
- Ability to appropriately preserve confidential matters and information.
Interested candidates must submit a resume and a SMCHS Classified application (application can be found at www.smhs.org) to Pat Mollica, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
SMCHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is open until Filled