Habitat for Humanity of Orange County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seek to put love and faith into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity of Orange County is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
The Director of Faith and Community Relations creates opportunities and strategies to build relationships that secure faith and community-related support for the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Orange County.
- Develop strategies for faith coalitions and community groups
- Secure significant financial support from faith and community groups in support of Habitat OC programs and operations
- Manage fundraising and cultivation events within faith and community groups
- Work with new and established coalitions (Catholic Coalition, Presbyterian Coalition, Build for Unity Coalition); Orange County megachurches; Faith Relations Committees; faith groups
- Write appeal letters, solicitation materials, and other communication pieces tailored for the faith community
- Create strategies to collaborate with other nonprofit and faith organizations to secure development opportunities for Habitat OC
- Responsible for maintaining donor records with updated contact information, meeting notes and other key information; producing necessary fundraising reports
- Collaborate on the creation of the Faith and Community Relations budgets and adhere to departmental budget goals
- Serve as an ambassador for Habitat OC within the community
- Attend various Orange County interfaith council meetings and networking events
- Participate in events of faith-based partners as needed (including evening and weekend events and opportunities)
- Support, train, and supervise faith relations staff and volunteers
- Manage established Coalition Steering Committees; staff the Faith Relations Committee of the board
- Help coordinate Faith Build Days on the construction site and through the playhouse program
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years’ experience and a proven track record of fundraising success within the faith community (CFRE preferred)
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated communications and public speaking skills
- Experience in grant research and writing
- Experience with donor database tools, preferably The Raiser’s Edge
- Expertise on Microsoft Office products
This position is classified as exempt and reports to the Senior Vice President. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to jobs@HabitatOC.org.