POSITION: DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
SUMMARY OF WORK PERFORMED: Responsible for managing various internal and external fundraising events, providing oversight of support groups while providing support services to the Associate Director of Development.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of event-related materials.
- Plan, organize, execute, and follow through on Olive Crest events, volunteer group events and others as designated.
- Cultivate committee members to organize and facilitate events and fund raising activities.
- Establish, monitor and adhere to timelines.
- Establish, monitor and adhere to approved budgets for events and follow up on all event receivables.
- Review and obtain internal approval for contracts. Monitor the results for compliance.
- Maintain complete and current records and files for events and Development Activities.
- Make sure all information regarding volunteers, donors and other pertinent information is inputted to Raiser’s Edge.
- Cultivate and work with volunteers for special events. Communicate with them to build strong relationships.
- Obtain approval from Marketing Director according to marketing procedures for all materials prior to their release. Inform event chairs, committee members and others of marketing procedures.
- Prepare initial Event Reconciliations within 30 days and final Event Reconciliations within 60 days after the G/L is available.
- Propose new fund raising events/activities.
- Keep Associate Director of Development informed of status of event and any significant changes in timelines, budgets or other information in a timely manner.
- Oversee Volunteer Group activities and events and provide needed support.
- Coordinate campaigns/appeals with other Olive Crest staff as designated.
- Update Fund Development Activities Calendar on a regular basis for volunteer group activities and other pertinent information.
- In conjunction with the Volunteer group chairpersons, develop annual budgets in advance of each event.
- Annually work with Volunteer groups to develop a calendar of events/activities for the group. Coordinate this with the overall Olive Crest calendar and evaluate needed Development Department support services needed.
- Cultivate relationships and identify potential donors.
- Keep information in Raisers Edge current.
- Delegate, track and record all weekly Thank You Call activity
- Attend various networking events to meet potential volunteers or donors.
- Interface with Community Involvement to develop volunteers and donors.
- Make Olive Crest presentations when necessary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and computer skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and execute.
- Strong with follow-through on a timely basis.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Raisers Edge, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to use all office hardware (Desktop, laptop, phone system, etc.)
- Must be able to demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Exemplary oral and written skills a must.
- Must have professional telephone manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate professional interaction with individuals at all levels.
- Must be flexible. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Must be able to manage multiple and varied tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to accommodate the varying activities of the Support Groups
- Must be able to prepare and manage budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Presentation/Speaking skills.
- Strong digital and social media skills.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
Apply Here or send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.