The Development Manager is an integral part of the fund development team for Thomas House. The Development Manager is responsible for overseeing all of Thomas House Family Shelter’s fundraising events and cultivating corporate partners to support the mission of the organization. This position will supervise event support positions, event volunteers, and interns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee at least two major fundraising events each year.
- Assist with additional cultivation events/activities on-site at the shelter as needed.
- Build event committees and serve as primary organization contact for event committee chairs.
- Develop and manage event budgets in collaboration with Executive Director and event committees.
- Ensure all event logistics and timelines are in order.
- Recruit and coordinate event volunteers.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit potential corporate partners for event sponsorship as well as ongoing support of the organization.
- Assist with identifying “We Are Thomas House” Community Sponsors.
- Represent Thomas House at community events, mixers and other activities.
- Maintain a high level of communication and relationships with Thomas House Board, committees and staff.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the organization’s goals and values.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a strategic thinker/problem solver who is capable of multi-tasking and functioning in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with special events to include volunteer engagement.
- Demonstrated success in fund development.
- A track record of securing philanthropic support from corporations in Orange County, CA.
- Broad knowledge of the Orange County, CA business and philanthropic community.
- Experience with fund development software and database management is preferred.
- Must present a valid CA driver’s license, and evidence of vehicle insurance and good DMV driving record.
- Must pass full background check clearance from the FBI and the State of California.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com