Coordinate Donor Relations and Gift Administration
- Coordinate the annual appeal, Claire Trevor Society membership and support group appeals and renewals, and other special appeals as necessary, including preparing and distributing appeal letters and packets, overseeing production of mailing lists, and preparing all gift acknowledgement letters.
- Manage and develop the Claire Trevor Society membership database, including overseeing all data entry, imports and exports, cleanup, and tracking.
- Manage multi-step gift processing procedure including check processing within 24 hours of receipt of gift.
- Independently collects gift reports as needed.
- Prepare gift transmittal forms.
- Obtain signatures for approval and deliver to Gift Administration.
- Manage multi-tiered acknowledgement process including communicating new gifts to CTSA leadership, department chairs and managers.
- Review gift reports and implement appropriate recognition and stewardship of all donors including gift acknowledgement letters, stewardship reports and honor roll.
- Follow established gift acknowledgement matrix and assist the development staff with preparing follow-up correspondence and action items.
- Work with University Advancement and IT staff to maintain prospect and donor lists for various support groups and recognition societies.
- Serve as a point of contact and provide excellent donor service. Handle requests for information that are related to donor recognition.
- Manage donor birthday recognition process and assist in other cultivation activities as necessary.
- Coordinates all mailings to donors and prospective donors including welcome letters, renewal notices, pledge reminders, newsletters and follow-up packages after donor recruitment events.
Special Events Support
- Support planning and execution of events and meetings related to the cultivation and solicitation of donors.
- Event lifecycles, from idea inception to completion, will often be occurring simultaneously, and it will be expected that this individual can effectively manage multiple event projects that are at different points in their process. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare and supervise the maintenance of guest lists, mailings, and nametags, and coordinate ticketing needs with the Box Office.
- Collaborate with Marketing on event invitations including gathering event title and description from key faculty and incorporating logistics.
- Manage communication logistics related to events, both pre and post event.
- Work closely with UCI central Special Events team and vendors as needed.
- Manage RSVPs for events and provide succinct, timely, and regular updates to Director of Development and Associate Director of Development. Propose suggestions and/or action items for bringing guest count to full capacity (if needed).
- Prepare prospect lists and assist in prospect screening activities as requested by the development staff.
- When appropriate, develop in-depth profiles on specific individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Conduct donor research and prospect identification using Advance and other sources. Provide the necessary background and information to the Director of Development and/or the Associate Director of Development.
Office Support and Financial Administration
- Inventory and purchase general office supplies for department.
- Coordinate all printing orders and special third-party vendor requests.
- Facilitate guest parking including submitting permit requests, emailing confirmation details, and dispensing maps and general directions to campus.
- Coordinate meeting requests and manage calendar for Director of Development and Associate Director of Development.
- Independently researches and provides relevant information or materials to ensure that the Director, Associate Director and additional relevant parties are properly briefed and prepared; responds to inquiries and status of issues.
- Make recommendations regarding upcoming events, as they impact the development staff.
- Responsible for taking appropriate follow-up on action items.
- Process financial transactions, prepare check requests, purchase requisitions as well as requests for reimbursement and travel in a timely manner.
- Serve as a resource to department on handling of all financial transactions as they relate to departmental expenses.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent administrative and customer-service skills including courteousness, tact and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of database management and data tracking systems.
- Ability to make decisions without close supervision, and must be accurate, efficient and capable of handling detailed work assignments.
- Proven time-management skills and ability manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be flexible in working independently as well as collaboratively with the development department, CTSA staff, and central university advancement, to achieve defined goals.
- Use initiative to organize and follow through with complex tasks to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to take direction from multiple sources while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships; both within the University and with external constituencies.
- Proficiency with computers and office equipment including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to learn financial processing system and remain up-to-date on all policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to monitor expenditures and perform budgetary projections, requests, and reports.
- Ability to maintain respect at all times for confidential information including donor records and profiles.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- 3-5 years of experience with office administrative management, preferably in a development setting, and 1-2 years coordinating special events.
- Knowledge of the arts, CTSA, UCI and University Advancement programs, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of university advancement programs in a higher education setting, including Kuali Financial System (KFS), GiftForm Access, and Advance Database.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Superb customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
Below are general guidelines on the position's physical, mental, and environmental working conditions.
In accordance with applicable state and federal law, UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-5210.
Climb: Not Applicable
Handle Objects: Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder Level: Frequently
Use Fine Finger Movements: Frequently
Carry/Lift Loads up to 25 Pounds: Occasionally
Carry/Lift loads between 25-50 lbs: Not Applicable
Carry/Lift Loads over 50 Pounds: Not Applicable
Perform Calculations: Constantly
Communicate Orally: Constantly
Reason and Analyze: Constantly
Chemical/Biological Agent: Not Applicable
Construction Activities: Not Applicable
Contact with Water/Liquids: Not Applicable
Drive Motorized Equipment: Not Applicable
Confined Spaces: Not Applicable
Elevated Work Location: Not Applicable
Radioactive Materials: Not Applicable
Temperature Variations: Not Applicable
Gas System: Not Applicable