University Advancement Development and Database Coordinator
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter along with your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. MBKU is an equal opportunity employer; requirements are subject to possiblemodification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. For more information, please visit https://www.ketchum.edu/employment
Under the direction of the University Advancement Major Gifts Director, the Development and Database Associate is responsible for providing skilled support to the fundraising team with an emphasis on gift administration & data management, including gift entry, gift receipting, report management, list pulls, database updates and online/web based gift presence. The Development & Database Associate will also be responsible for overseeing donor communications by email and mail and mailing list/mail house list management. This individual will also provide day to day support for the Fund Development team, fundraising events
and special activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create, update and maintain donor and alumni records in Raiser’s Edge (RE).
• Complete data entry for gifts and pledges in a timely manner and process necessary paperwork and batches accurately and in accordance with IRS guidelines.
• Prepare, track, print, and mail all gift acknowledgments.
• Assist in preparing and sending donor solicitations, pledge invoices and other necessary gift paperwork for gifts and pledges.
• Responsible for uploading of private grant narratives and budgets into the proposal module of RE.
• Record all data changes in Advancement systems as they are discovered by Alumni Relations and Advancement offices, from returned mail and email, from NCOA mailhouse lists, from requests by constituents, through the alumni webpages and from other sources.
• Search and locate lost alumni and other constituents. Evaluate and verify data whenever needed by telephone, mail, email and other ways.
• Create records for new constituents ensuring the creation of proper relationship links and all known data.
• Create new campaigns, appeals, and events in database and create event registration and donor forms for the website.
• Collaborate with development staff to pull lists for invitation and solicitation purposes for all event fundraising programs; and build Online Express alumni and donor communications, event RSVP lists and gifts as necessary.
• Assist with donor stewardship programs, including prospect research, data analysis to determine the effectiveness of focused efforts and special correspondence with active prospects of the development team.
• Create customized reports, queries, and exports, using data parameters provided, including giving histories, giving ranges, prospect research, targeting specific groups.
• Assist with the continued migration, data entry and record update needs to complete the successful implementation of Raiser’s Edge.
• Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines by only sharing client information within the organization when it meets the need of the client.
• Perform administrative support functions for the Vice President for University Advancement and the Advancement team as directed.
• Other duties as necessary.
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent computer skills and database management proficiency
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized; able to set and meet goals and deadlines and to produce accurate work.
• Strong data analysis, organizational, communication, administrative, and computer skills required.
• Professional attitude; team player; able to collaborate to set and meet team goals and deadlines.
• Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships.
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues throughout the university and external partners.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and stay organized.
• Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events and work overtime, as required.
• Awareness of the confidentiality of our work
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The minimum amount of education and experience that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties of the position is:
• 4+ years of experience using Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor and alumni database
• Experience working in a non profit-environment.
• Knowledge of gift types and basic understanding of IRS charitable giving guidelines
• Intermediate or higher level proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working in a higher education environment.
• Valid California Driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Located in Fullerton, CA, Marshall B. Ketchum University is an independent, private, non-profit, accredited educational institution. MBKU is home to the Southern California College of Optometry, the School of Physician Assistant Studies and College of Pharmacy. Named after the founder of the
optometric institution in 1904, the change to the University structure addresses the growing demand for highly skilled health care professionals.
The University's Southern California College of Optometry confers a Doctor of Optometry (OD) and a Master of Science in Vision Science (MS) degree. MBKU's School of Physician Assistant Studies under the College of Health Sciences awards a Master of Medical Sciences (MMS) degree. MBKU's College of Pharmacy welcomed its first class in the fall of 2016 and will award a Doctor of
Pharmacy (PharmD) degree in the Spring of 2020. MBKU owns and operates two premier eye and vision care centers: the University Eye Center at Ketchum Health and the University Eye Center at Los Angeles.
MBKU provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, free vision exams, short and long term disability, generous paid time off plans, a university-sponsored retirement plan with a 9% contribution and an on-site fitness center located on the Fullerton campus. See our website under Employment for more details regarding benefits of working for MBKU
This position is located in Anaheim, CA, about six miles from the main campus in Fullerton, CA.