Chief Development Officer
Radiant Health Centers (RHC), formerly AIDS Services Foundation OC, seeks a Chief Development Officer with an innovative and best-practices approach to fundraising and proven record of successfully leading a development, executive and volunteer team toward increasing contributed revenue.
With a team of caring and committed individuals and hundreds of dedicated volunteers, RHC is working to eliminate the stigma and overcome health disparities impacting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer + (LGBTQ+) community by providing healthy and compassionate care options.
RHC is the largest Orange County provider for such healthcare services and is currently expanding its capacity with plans to create a dedicated Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) for the LGBTQ+ community.
The Chief Development Officer will:
- Lead a team to achieve ambitious but attainable goals to increase funds across all development functions.
- Create and implement short and long-term strategic and operational fundraising plans
- Develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Manage all of the fund development activities and daily operations. Oversee and manage a dynamic and growing fundraising team.
- Provide staffing for the development and campaign board committees, and support as needed for the Board of Directors and other board committees.
- Establish performance metrics, monitor results and evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development program and implement plans when there are variances.
- Lead and manage the organization’s capital campaign, manage a portfolio of major gift prospects, and staff the Executive Director on fundraising with key prospective donors.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or other related field is required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of increased responsibility in implementing and managing all fund-raising activities, and organizational operations within a Fund Development department of a nonprofit setting.
- Significant experience in securing and stewarding major grants/gifts; coordination of activities and events; and the ability to interface with a diverse donor base
- Significant staff management experience.
- The capacity to develop and implement develop plans
- Strong organization skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to motivate others
- Budgeting experience
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and computer literacy are a must.
- Other required skills include creative problem solving and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
How to Apply
To apply for the Chief Development Officer position, please forward a cover letter and resume using one of the following methods:
- Email your resume and cover letter to Lisa Osborn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Radiant Health Centers, Attn: Lisa Osborn, 17982 Sky Park Circle, Ste J, Irvine, CA 92614
- Fax to (949) 809-5779
- No phone calls, please
RHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer