California Scottish Rite Foundation
Associate Director of Development
The California Scottish Rite Foundation is dedicated to support and assist the children in California to develop their full potential by providing childhood speech, language and literacy services, scholarships and other charitable programs for their benefit and other charitable, educational and scientific programs for the citizens of California. The California Scottish Rite Foundation is a non-profit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized under the California Non-Profit Public Benefit Corporation Law for general charitable and educational purposes.
Established in 1958, the Foundation’s importance has grown as state funding for Speech Pathology services to young children in the school system has decreased. This along with the increasing cost of a college education, both undergraduate and graduate school programs, has defined a need that the Foundation is committed to meeting in California.
The Associate Director of Development will work closely with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, Executive Vice President and Board of Directors of the Foundation as well as individual Language Centers to foster a Culture of Philanthropy among all stakeholders. Primary responsibilities will include supervision of the Annual Fund, Marketing and Communications, Stewardship, Retention and growth of the Donor Base, and Management of Gifts in DonorPerfect. The position is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and public relations for the California Scottish Rite Foundation and will be responsible for planning and execution of the Foundation’s campaigns, social media, and outreach to constituencies including community members and businesses. In addition, the Associate Director of Development, under the direction of the Chief Philanthropy Officer will collaborate with the various Language Centers throughout California to support their Development efforts to raise funds for local programs.
Salary: $68,900.00 - $70,200.00 Annualized
Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., M-F
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Scope and Impact
This position reports directly to the Chief Philanthropy Officer. The Associate Director of Development plays an integral role by supervising development efforts, providing administrative support and participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events.
- Supervise the Annual Fund through collaboration with the Chief Philanthropy Officer while adhering to the Fund Development Plan.
- Coordinate production and distribution of Foundation communications including; Quarterly Newsletters, Bi-Annual Appeals, Legacy Giving and Sponsorship opportunities
- Direct Foundation and Language Center graphic design requirements.
- Supervise Foundation Social Media presence.
- Supervise and send monthly E-Blast communications.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files, in Foundation’s donor database. (DonorPerfect)
- Prepare all Stewardship and Acknowledgement Letters for donor gifts.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records in Foundation’s donor database. (DonorPerfect)
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Support efforts to establish, promote and generate gifts to the Foundation through appeals to the community and local businesses.
- Assist with development of the Foundation’s case for support, prospect identification, cultivation and approach strategies, and tracking of progress and results.
- Assist with volunteer leadership selection, training, and management to ensure effective campaigns.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Foundation Board meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Track and maintain annual and multi-year pledges and generate pledge reminders.
- Draft development materials and funding proposals and support institutional message creation for annual fundraising and multi-year comprehensive campaigns.
- Support online fundraising strategies and tasks
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Philanthropy Officer, Executive Vice President and Board of Directors.
Preparation and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years’ experience working in the development field, within a not-for-profit development office.
- Proficiency in job-related computer programs, including DonorPerfect, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Deep experience using DonorPerfect, understanding relational concepts between DonorPerfect CRM and how to maximize DonorPerfect capabilities for the Foundation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated financial and technical abilities.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, responsiveness to deadlines, to organize and prioritize work and flexibility in changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and be self motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A cooperative team approach with colleagues and a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined.
- Willingness to be part of a collaborative team of development professionals.
- Sound judgment relating to confidential projects, donors, client or student matters, including effective communication regarding such matters to the appropriate individuals.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Ray Godeke, Executive Secretary, RGodeke@casrf.org