The Assistant Manager of Stewardship and Board Relations in the Segerstrom Center for the Arts Development Office is the primary team member responsible for high-level administrative support to the Vice President, board relations and stewardship of our donors, including acknowledgment processes, collateral preparation, and management of stewardship activities.
This position reports to the Vice President of Development. In addition, the Assistant Manager works with the Stewardship Manager and Director of Development Operations as well as all areas of the Development Department and other Center departments to support the Center’s mission and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned or changed at the discretion of management.
- Manage entire gift processing & acknowledgment process for Development team, including distribution of checks and gift information, pulling Tessitura reports, and acknowledgment letters
- Manage monthly birthday and anniversary cards for board members and major donors
- Coordinate development articles in the performance program
- Compile monthly Chairman’s thank you letters and calls list
- Assist with special stewardship projects and events
- Manage and update recognition lists in the program performance
- Circulate special occasion cards and gifts (flowers, chocolates, etc) as it relates to donor cultivation and stewardship
- Assist with implementation and updates of donor signage plans in the halls
- Work with Stewardship Manager to create appropriate tracking for all stewardship activities.
- Assist with producing impact reports for top donors and board
- Assist with Holiday Gift and Holiday Cards distribution
Administrative Assistant (25%)
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Vice President of Development including Outlook support, coordinating the flow of communications and materials, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as managing calendars, preparing correspondence, ordering supplies, compiling expense reports, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings.
- Order catering for Development staff meetings, staff meals for events and All Staff meetings
- Coordinate and schedule interviews for vacant staff positions
- Plan development team’s staff events including monthly team meeting, docent tours, quarterly development birthday celebrations, celebratory celebrations and retreats
- Input Vice President’s donor contact reports into Tessitura
- Prepare major gift prospect packets for Vice President
- Manage both the Vice President and Assistant Vice President’s memberships and invoices
- Maintain Development team fax
- At the direction of the Vice President, engage in occasional administrative support to other units in the department or periodic special event work
Board Relations (25%)
- Serve as administrative support for Board Development Committee and Center Fund Committee, including preparation of collateral materials, coordinating and setting up board committee meetings, taking committee meeting minutes, tracking board attendance, maintaining the Board directory, and solicitation correspondence
- Prepare board prospect packets
- Arrange and prepare board orientation when a new director is elected to the board
Essential Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Two to four years of development experience
- Outstanding writing, design, and presentation skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience working with and cultivating volunteers
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills are essential to the position.
- The desire to help others and a willingness to work as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and a good sense of humor
- Strong computer aptitude; skill in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with donor database management
- Appreciation of the performing arts is a must
- Familiarity with the Tessitura database and/or Adobe products is a plus
- Facility with social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and web development highly desirable.
How to apply: Please send a resume, and cover letter expressing interest in this position, to jobs@SCFTA.org.