Assistant Manager, Annual Giving
Segerstrom Center for the Arts
The Assistant Manager, Annual Giving is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive membership program to raise over $950K from nearly 4,000 members and more than 8,000 round-up donors for the Center’s arts and education programming each year. The Assistant Manager will oversee a direct mail program, gift acknowledgments, impact reports, benefit development/fulfillment and be responsible for setting program goals and budgets. This position works closely with the Calling Center Manager to create strategies and goals for telefunding.
The position will report directly to the Manager, Individual Giving and will assist the Director, Individual Giving as needed in support of the individual giving goals.
Serves as direct supervisor for the Coordinator, Individual Giving and oversees the Center’s volunteer Administrative Aide program. The Administrative Aide program will support Individual Giving efforts by mail fulfillment, handwritten notes, follow up calls and duties as assigned.
- Set annual budgets and income goals
- Oversee execution and evaluation of all benefit fulfillment and stewardship for Friends members
- Responsible for developing a strategy to increase visibility of the Friends program and to increase donor retention rates and annual membership renewals
- Develop and write content for all direct mail campaigns: renewals, acquisitions, matching challenges, membership upgrades, employee membership and other special campaigns (Employee Membership, Giving Tuesday, Year End, Fiscal Year End) applicable to annual fundraising to meet Center Fund goals
- Manage, with support from the Coordinator, Individual Giving all Friends gift acknowledgment letters
- Responsible for a variety of direct mail strategies, donor cultivation and stewardship through direct mail channels that will engage new donors and continue the retention of current donors
- Coordinate and negotiate contract for work with mail houses for mail fulfillment projects
- Work closely with Coordinator, Individual Giving to reconcile and process all incoming gifts
- Responsible for managing all Friends of the Center member events (3-5 per year) including event strategy, invitation list, invitation design, event hospitality and budgets
- Coordinate with Special Events team regarding event logistics (catering, audio visual requirements, signage, etc.) and event budget
- Attend and assist with major fundraisers and events as needed
- Plan and execute external fundraising events as opportunities are presented
Calling Center (Telefunding)
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving Manager and Calling Center Manager on lead generation and campaign strategies for Friends Telefunding
- Work with the Center’s in-house graphics team to create all Friends collateral materials such as brochures, rack cards, inserts, mailing envelopes, etc.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to incorporate Friends of the Center giving opportunities in subscription materials
Digital & Database
- Coordinate and deploy solicitations and stewardship messaging through eBlasts
- Work with the marketing team to develop social media campaigns for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Create and send digital impact reports
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Three+ years of development experience, annual giving experience preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills
- Strong computer aptitude with Microsoft Office and donor databases
- Familiarity with Tessitura is a major plus
- Familiarity with social media is a plus
- Experience or knowledge of the performing arts
The successful candidate will embrace the essential components of a strong team: open communication, trust, respect, loyalty, and shared vision. Additionally:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple, high-priority projects simultaneously in a timely and professional manner
- The desire to help others and a willingness to work as part of a team
- Strong sense of urgency and persistence in achieving goals and completing projects
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills; attention to detail
How to apply: Please send cover letter and current resume to email@example.com